Information for Ukrainian refugees / Інформація для українських біженців (click here)
Information for Ukrainian refugees / Інформація для українських біженців (click here)

Medical Reports and Certs

Where appropriate we are happy to furnish medical reports and certs. We can issue medical certs for your employer as well as Social Welfare certs when applicable.

We request that you give us 48 hours’ notice to have these ready for you, some reports may take longer but we will let you know. Please note there may be an administration charge for reports and certs.

Welfare Certs

 If you wish to apply to the DEASP for Illness Benefit, please contact the surgery and we will arrange to send a cert to the DEASP for you. As part of your social welfare application, you must also complete an IB1 Form (your part of the benefit application). You can collect a paper version of the IB1 Form in our Reception, an Intreo office, alternatively contact 1890 800 024 or and it will be sent out to you.

Sick certs

We can send sick notes by text, e-mail or collection, please advise that you give consent for same. On a case by case basis doctor may wish to call you or to arrange an appointment.

Return to school after illness.

Please do not ask for sick notes for school or college, to avoid disappointment. Assurances/certification to return to childcare after an absence is not appropriate as it places an unnecessary demand on the healthcare system. Parents, guardians, teachers and childcare workers should use their judgement in considering if the child is well enough to return to childcare or school.